Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fairy Art


I found a way to sell my artwork without selling the original! I am too attached to my watercolors to sell the originals, but I really wanted to see what I could do with them.
I thought this shadow box was a great idea and I had so much fun making it.

I got copies of my artwork done and then with an exacto knife, I cut out the fairy image so I could use it in my collage. It took over an hour!

I sometimes wonder if I will ever be truly successful in selling my artwork. I would love to illustrate books and continue painting for a full time job.

Finding the creative energy I need with a 3 year old and a 5 month old clamoring for my attention all day, everyday really takes it out of me.

I was so proud of myself for finishing this shadow box. It took around 5 hours total to finish and I love how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment