Saturday, July 24, 2010

A sample of my new creations

New Rose Earrings
New Modern Garden Pendant


Fairy Wand











Orange Briolette Chandelier Earrings






Polymer Clay is AWESOME. I have been making everything from fairy wands to jewelry using this fantastic medium. I am inspired by my kids and by nature, of course.
Finding time to create is a challenge to say the least.
I work full time and have a wonderful family to take care of as well. Sometimes I long to create something, but I have to give into the fact that my inspiration will just have to wait.
That is so frustrating.
Like most intuitive, creative people, "scheduled creative time" is like an oxymoron. We are go-with-the-flow...not structure and limitation.

If I feel I only have a small block of time to work with, I freeze! I sit there with hundred of ideas flying through my head and I try to figure out which one is do-able in that allotted amount of time. Ugh, forget it!

Trying to squeeze time in to create is difficult, but when it happens, it like magic. I just get in the zone and stay there for hours...turning out creative ideas and loving every minute of it.

I also am working on a fairy story. This would be my very first book and it is a daunting task, but I am writing it because my heart has a story to tell. I do not mind if it will take time to get it right (I have been working on my 1st draft for a year).

Anyway, I want to blog about my adventures in crafting. The highs and the lows...sharing what I find and what successes come my way.

Join me in this journey! If you are a crafting mama like me, no doubt we struggle with many of the same things.

Talk to you soon,
Sonja

Songbird Gardens
www.songbird1.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment